Despite the emergence of new technologies for direct reduction of iron the coke-blast furnace process will remain a prevailing technology for industrial production of ferrous metals in the foreseeable future.
GIPROKOKS - comprehensive designing of coke oven production facilities
- Coke oven batteries for blast furnace and foundry coke production;
- Ovens for production of special-types coke and thermal treatment of carbonaceous materials;
- Pushing Emission Control systems;
- Coke Dry Cooling plants;
- Coke Wet Quenching facilities;
- Coke handling, screening, sizing, loading and storing facilities;
- Coke dust pneumatic transport;
- Coal towers;
- Garages for repairs of coke oven machines;
- Temporary Oven Protection Roofs for refractories erection;
- Storages for materials and equipment.
GIPROKOKS is designing the ovens and plants to produce coke of special-types:
- Vertical ovens of continuous operation for heat treatment of carboneous materials;
- Annular ovens;
- Non-recovery ovens for production of coke and electric power.
Various options of coke oven batteries design have been developed by GIPROKOKS:
- Capacity: 200 thous. – 1500 thous. tons per year;
- oven chamber volume, m3: 20 ÷ 63.4;
- dimensions of oven chamber, m: height: 3.8÷7.4, width: 0.41÷0.5 length: up to 18.74;
- heating gas supply: underjet and gun-flue;
- heating: combined, mixed and only by coke oven gas;
- foul coke oven gas withdrawal: with one or two gas collecting mains;
- charging method: by gravity – coal charging car, with stamped coal cake.
In the state-of-the-art design coke oven batteries of Giprokoks, PVR system has been provided (twin vertical flues with recirculation of waste gases).
|Height, mm||Lenght, mm||Width, mm||Volume, m3|
At the request of the Customer, Giprokoks carries out the design of ovens with dimensions, which are different from those listed above.
Giprokoks design ovens provide for:
- production of coke of preset quality, uniform in terms of readiness degree and sizes of lumps;
- high efficiency;
- low heat consumption for heating the ovens, and accordingly high thermotechnical coefficient of efficiency;
- low resistance of heating system;
- high uniformity of heating through the length and height of oven chamber;
- leak tightness and strength of brickwork and long service life of coke ovens (not less than 20 years);
- simple scheme for coke oven heating adjustment;
- convenient control of technological process;
- favorable working conditions for maintenance personnel;
- reduction of harmful emissions into environment.
Coke Dry Cooling plants
Giprokoks, the founder of the up-to-date technology of coke dry cooling, has developed the projects, and CDCPs have been commissioned, production capacity of one chamber from 50 t/hr upto 70 t/hr.
CDCP projects of production capacity of one chamber from 100 upto 200 t/hr are under development.
All-round tough requirements as to environmental regulations, tough requirements for coke quality at the background of deterioration of coal base predetermine the priority in coke dry cooling in the foreseeable future.
As per Giprokoks’ projects 23 Coke Dry Cooling plants have been constructed in CIS countries. 11 Coke Dry Cooling plants have been constructed in Pakistan, Hungary, Finland, Turkey, Nigeria and China.
Under licenses of Giprokoks’ CDCP design the plants have been constructed at the enterprises of Japan, Germany, India, Poland, Romania and Brazil.
Giprokoks develops the projects of pitch coke dry cooling and heat treatment plants.
For the first time in the world Giprokoks suggested and introduced the technology for production of metallurgical coke by means of combined technique by integrating the coking process of the stamped coal blend and coke dry cooling.
Associated facilities of coke oven block
In order to eliminate emissions of solid substances into atmosphere the coke oven batteries are equipped with Pushing Emission Control systems along with dry cleaning of dust-laden air. Coke quenching may be carried out both in coke dry cooling plants and by coke wet quenching technique. GIPROKOKS has developed new process designs of coke screening and they are being introduced. To make available maintenance of coke oven batteries provision is made for garages along with complete set of devices for repair of machines, mechanisms and equipment. GIPROKOKS is designing the plants for production of thermoanthracite, carburizing compounds, coke briquettes, processing of shale, coal gasification and others.